Monday, April 16, 2007

Things That Make Me Happy #2

Baseball.

I began watching baseball a few years ago because my boyfriend (now husband) loved it.

And now I schedule my errands around the Texas Rangers' game schedule. Last week they were traveling on Thursday, so we went grocery shopping in the evening because there wasn't a game. I'd say that's sad, but it's not. It just shows my devotion. Let's just pray that their next game is nothing like the last two against the Mariners. Ouch.

Now, I know a lot of you aren't baseball fans. I understand that it's not fast-paced like basketball or football. But that's part of why I love it. It's also very psychological -- players can get into each other's heads. Pitchers can do all kinds of things to mess with the head of the guy at bat. It's a game of mental prowess.

I do love the sport, but I also love baseball because it reminds me that spring is here. Go to a game at the ballpark. Feel the sun on your skin. Eat a hotdog and peanuts (and throw the shells on the ground!). Heck, go ahead and get some cotton candy too. It's a beautiful sport. It is America's game. It's patriotic to love baseball.

2 comments:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

I don't much like sports, rarely on TV, but it is a lot of fun to go to our beautiful Ballpark (I refuse to call it that other name). It is the only professional sporting event that is accessible for your average family, and I have enjoyed it each time I have gone. I actually enjoy sitting the the cheap bleachers - it's much more relaxed and roomy.

Sunshine said...

It's *not* that other name anymore! Woo hoo! And they took out that stupid bell that would ring after a homer. God is good.