Saturday, April 14, 2007

Things That Make Me Happy #1

I've recently had the thought that maybe if I post just short posts that I'll actually post. Rather than feel that I need to write a long, drawn-out essay, perhaps I need to just get something out. So, I've thought that I'll try to regularly post about something that makes me happy. So here it is....

The $1 shelves at Target make me happy. Last week I bought 3 6.6-ounce bottles of scented handsoap for $1 each. The scents aren't quite as good as those of my usual Bath & Body Works handsoap selections, but hey -- for $1, who cares? The soap gets the job done and it does smell good. I purchased one cherry blossom, one vanilla, and one green tea. I haven't tried the vanilla yet, but the other two are quite nice.

In the past, I've bought all kinds of things from Target's dollar shelves. It's great. I suppose I should also say that Target makes me happy. The Target sales brochure that comes every Sunday in the newspaper makes me happy. Their Archer Farms brand's salt and vinegar chips make me happy (just tried those last week).

As I say quite often, I luv Target. And I think when I say that, it makes my husband happy. (I'm just so darn cute when I say it!)

3 comments:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

Har har, you used the word "post" three times in one sentence! I suffer from the same malady, feeling like I must write an IMPORTANT or HILARIOUS essay every time I post, so I don't get around to it very often. Maybe we should hold each other accountable to post something, anything, at least once a week! I LURRRRRVVEE Target too. It's a dangerous place for our family - Jay always buys at least one movie, and I tend to buy clothes or shoes or stuff for the house or for the grandkids or SOMETHING every time I go there. Unfortunately, most of my purchases are NOT from the $1 shelves . . .

Julie Kibler said...

Yep, I got the Target problem, too. HAHA...my daughter literally just said, "Hey, Mom! When can we go to Target!" because she needs a b-day present and swimsuit for a party.

I love the dollar spot, too, and bought a bunch of cool dishes the other day that were on clearance there for $1.25 for a pack of two! Goldish ones for the kitchen that can GO IN THE MICROWAVE!!!!

And aqua dessert plates for the dining room. Quite springy, I say.

Sunshine said...

You know who else loves Target? All the men in my family! How awesome is that? So when I see my dad, we go to Target. Going to Target is a treat for my brother. And even the hubby loves Target too. :) I'm so blessed.