Thursday, April 26, 2007

Things That Make Me Happy #10

Accents.

Last night at church a minister from Glasgow, Scotland, gave the message. Billy Wilson is a wonderful preacher -- very inspirational. Makes you want to jump up and do something. If you're interested in hearing him, click here and look for his sermon dated April 25, 2007. It was the kind of message that makes you want to strap on your battle gear to face the day. Every day. Billy will be going to Australia soon to become a minister there. Australia -- another fun accent.

Anyway, I love accents. I remember my mother spontaneously speaking in an English accent around the house...for fun. When I was in high school, there was an English exchange student in one of my classes. I tried out my English accent, and she was surprised and impressed. Guess it was all that practice growing up. I'm sure it's no surprise that My Fair Lady is a favorite of mine to watch.

Accents -- love 'em. And language in general.

G'day, mates. And cheerio.

2 comments:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

Haha, when A Hard Day's Night came out, me and several of my girfriends went to see it and then for some reason we were shopping downtown Dallas (don't remember why or who took us) and we were dressed real cute and walking around talking in British accents thinking that people would think we were VERY MOD BRITISH MODELS in our COOL MOD CLOTHES AND OUR YARDLEY "LONDON LOOK" MAKEUP. GROOVY. Heh. Those were the fun innocent days, for sure.

Sunshine said...

I bet people *did* think you were British models. ;) I know you're ultra-hip these days! :)