Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Doggie Fragrance

No, it's not what you think. I haven't begun dousing my dog with cologne, though a few months ago, I did see some fragrance made for dogs in Dillard's. Or maybe it was Foley's. At any rate, I'm not one of those dog owners.

This morning I walked by my miniature dachshund as he was sunning himself. He sits on the sofa every morning because the sun streams in through the back door. I bent down to kiss him on his head. He smelled like Rice Krispies! We haven't had Rice Krispies in that house ever, and I can't remember the last time I even ate Rice Krispies or Rice Krispie treats. (Hmmm...that sounds good....) Maybe there's some kind of chemical reaction when sunlight hits dog fur that causes such a warm, yummy smell.

As for the doggie cologne, though...last week, the little weiner cuddled up with my husband right after my husband put on cologne. A few minutes after that, I bent down to snuggle with the dog. Imagine my bewilderment when I smelled the cologne that my husband wore when we fell in love on our pet. Talk about twisted....

2 comments:

Julie Kibler said...

Our dog Libby, who lives with Heather now, has toenails that smell like Fritos, according to Heather. She is half mini dachsund, half chihuahua. Maybe a breed that is nicknamed after a food must develop a food smell. I personally think she smells a little like dirty feet most of the time. ;)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, your dogs smell good! I'm jealous! My favorite is: she's just come from the groomers and is warming my pillow before bed. Once she is threatened by the looming and slowly descending cranium, she hops off, leaving a delicious smell of cleanliness!