Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cough and Sniff

I have been sick for over a week. It began with a sore throat last Tuesday night. Usually, I can knock out a cold or sinus problems with OTC medications. Not this time. Nope. I had to go the doctor and get some real drugs. Thank God for antibiotics.

One recent evening when I was in the shower, trying to get the steam to open up my nasal passages, I composed this poem.

A Hay Fever Haiku
sick
feverish eyes
multiple mucus invasions
please, God
help

Thanks to the antibiotics and codeine-laced decongestant syrup my primary care physician prescribed, as well as to the heavenly Healer, I am beginning to feel as if I may one day resume my normal activities. Perhaps I'll even post on the blog again sooner than usual.

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

By the way, the doctor's diagnosis was not hay fever. The medical paperwork stated I have bronchitis and an upper respiratory infection.

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

Ha! I knew I shoulda gone into medicine. That was my diagnosis as well. Only because I had it before Christmas with identical symptoms, except I didn't run much fever. Loved your haiku, by the way. Those are fun to write, but I haven't done one in years.

Hey, the word verification on this is ultmexdx. Ultimate Mexican dish/diagnosis/ducks/docs? Sorry . . .